Changes to and cancellation of Registration
Changes, substitutions and cancellation of registrations
Notification of changes and cancellation must be made in writing and sent to SOE 2017 at email@example.com
Cancellation of registration will be accepted subject to an administration fee.
- Cancellations up to and including 30 April 2017, total amount will be refunded less a cancellation fee of 100 EUR.
- Cancellations made on and after 1 May 2017, we regret that no refunds can be made.
Name Changes and Substitutions
If you are unable to attend, you may be substituted by a colleague. Name changes will be subject to an administration fee.
- Changes up to and including 30 April 2017: 100 EUR per name change
- Changes made on and after 1 May 2017: 150 EUR per name change
Changes to and cancellation of Accommodation
Changes to an existing reservation can be made online for free until 27 April 2017. Please use the link provided in the acknowledgement email received upon booking.
- As of 28 April 2017 online changes are no longer possible and must be made in writing to A111 Power of Conference Service. Please note changes done through the Housing Agency are subject to a handling fee of EUR 15.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to A111 Power of Conference Service. Cancellations before 27 April 2017 are subject to a handling fee of EUR 80.
- From 28 April – 23 May 2017, 50% of the room value will be charged for all cancellations. This also applies to the cancellation of individual nights.
- As of 24 May 2017 full payment will be charged for cancellation or decreasing number of nights.
Travel Cancellation Insurance: If an illness, injury or another unexpected event forces you to cancel your plans before you leave, cut your trip short or delay your return home, you could lose your full prepayment for accommodation. We therefore highly recommend having “travel cancellation and interruption coverage insurance” in case of emergency as a financial protection.
Visa Requests: It is the delegate’s responsibility to request an entry visa and all accompanying documents to enter the country in a timely manner. No refunds will be made if the accommodation reservation has to be cancelled due to a denied visa request after the cancellation deadline.
Liability: A111 Power of Conference Service Ltd shall be held liable in the framework of a duty of care as a respectable businessman according to statutory provisions. The liability of A111 Power of Conference Service Ltd – for whatever legal reason – shall be limited to intent and gross negligence. The liability of commissioned service providers shall remain unaffected by this. The delegate shall take part in the conference at his/her own risk. Oral agreements shall not be binding if these have not been confirmed in writing by A111 Power of Conference Service Ltd.
Force Majeure: In the event that the conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the conference organizers (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the conference organizers, A111 and the conference organizers cannot be held liable for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, financial losses, etc.
The participant acknowledges that he/she has no right to lodge damage claims against A111 and/or the conference organizers should he/she not be able to attend the meeting due to cancelled or delayed travel means caused by Force Majeure. With his/her reservation, the participant accepts this provision. Under these circumstances, the conference organizers reserve the right to either retain the entire payment for accommodation booking, or to reimburse the delegate after deducting costs already incurred and which could not be recovered from third parties. It is therefore recommended that you take out personal insurance.
There are an increasing number of fraudulent websites that impersonate SOE 2017. We would like to alert all participants to be aware of possible scams and to strongly advise you to only use the official SOE 2017 Website www.soe2017.org as well as the official SOE 2017 accommodation agency A111.
Any other companies are in no way connected with SOE 2017, the European Society of Ophthalmology or A111 and we therefore cannot vouch for the services they are offering. We strongly advise you to not share any credit card details with them. Unfortunately, these fraudulent websites cannot be prevented and we sincerely regret all your inconveniences